Environmentally Friendly Plastics
The IAPD Board of Directors has approved an official environmental position statement for the association. The position statement was drafted by the Environmental Issues Committee.
The statement is IAPD’s official position and vision on environmental issues. The association encourages member companies to embrace and commit to the vision for the industry and incorporate — or continue to incorporate — environmentally-friendly business practices and philosophies.
IAPD Environmental Statement
Our plastics association and its members are proud to operate in a broad and diverse marketplace. In so doing, our and all businesses create an environmental footprint. We believe plastics offer unique opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle, thereby minimizing our environmental impact. We are committed to fully developing these benefits for the good of the environment, for the health of our people, and for the growth of our industry.
We commit to:
- Training the channel and educating the public on the specific environmental benefits of plastics.
- Demonstrating environmental stewardship, both as individuals and businesses.
- Conducting recycling programs that will include the entire channel.
- Utilizing the safest and most proper disposal methods when the useful life of our products expires.
- Promoting research to develop new products and applications that offer positive environmental impacts.
The guiding principles of our sustainability commitment are Conservation, Waste Minimization, Preservation, Cooperation and Education. In this spirit, with our fullest efforts and without undue stress on the environment, all members of our association, our companies, and the communities we call home will prosper.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from Regal Plastics
or call us at (800) 441-1553