Installing Multi-Wall Polycarbonate PanelsPolygal Installation Brochure
Regal Plastics provides Polygal™ installation guides for our multiwalled polycarbonate sheets in order to ensure the proper installation and performance, whether they are being used to construct archways, side paneling, or roofing materials.
Click below to download our full brochure explaining the many different aspects of installation for the wide range of products offered by Polygal™
Polygal™ Roofs Require Slope to Prevent Leaks
Flat roofs will have low areas where water will “pool” and this is where you will have a leak. A slope is required to keep the water flowing off the roof and prevent “pooling”.
How much slope does this 10 foot wide roof need to prevent a leak?
If you use the Polycarbonate Plastic Base & Cap System
- You need a 10% slope or a 2:12 roof pitch
- For each 1 foot (12 inches) the roof would slope down 2 inches
- If your roof was 10 feet wide you would need a slope of 20 inches = 2 inches per foot
- The panels on the left, attached to the building, are 20 inches higher than on the right side where the water would run off the panels
If you use the Mega-Lock Aluminum Base & Cap System
- You need a 5% slope (1:12 pitch)
- For every 1 foot (12 inches) the roof would slope down 1 inch
- If your roof was 10 feet wide you would need a slope of 10 inches = 1 inch per foot
- The panels on the left, attached to the building, are 10 inches higher than on the right where the water would run off the panels
Video: Polygal InstallationStep by step guide on how to install Polygal®.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from Regal Plastics
or call us at (800) 441-1553